Cummings - Working Man
2006 Blind Pig Records
great once in awhile I come across a gem out there,
just searching the net for good blues music. Well,
I can’t say enough about my latest discovery.
I also have to apologize because I’ve had
this CD for about two months and just could not
take it out of my car because I just had to listen
to it everywhere I went! Now, I share with you a
guitar slinger from the East named, Albert Cummings.
Albert is no young and up and coming blues prodigy.
No, he is like us, a hard working, full of heart
and soul, blues lover. His story goes like this.
He played banjo when he was a young boy, was introduced
to Stevie Ray Vaughan’s music from a friend
and loved it and switched to electric guitar. He
started playing here and there and the next thing
you know, he was backed by Double Trouble. Since
shifting from part time musician to full time musician
in 2004, he has shared the stage with Buddy Guy,
Charlie Musselwhite, Bernard Allison, the Fabulous
Thunderbirds and many more. As one of his tracks
on this CD says, he’s on his way!
Albert Cummings, Lead Guitar and Vocals
Dave Smith, Bass
Steve Potts, Drums
The tracks are:
Working Man Blues- Finest damn cover of Merle Haggard’s
2. Say You Love Me- hard driving blues music with
3. I Feel Good- awesome vocals and foot stomping
4. Girls To Shame- groovy song about a looker in
the crowd with lightning licks
5. Let Me Be- slow and full of soul
6. Feeling End- my favorite track, starts slow and
ends with a bang
7. Party Right Here- shuffle with Texas Road House
8. I’m Free- his vocals will blow you away,
jamming beat gets you going for sure
9. First Day- another slow tune that helps you identify
with how personal music can be
10. I’m On My Way- how true it is that he
is on his way, great tune!
11. Rumors- Stevie Ray Vaughn’s influence
will slap you in the face here
12. Please- fast and furious fret work
13. Last Dance- ballad showcases his vocals and
loved Albert’s songwriting, vocals and masterful
guitar work; I am still in shock of how awesome
this disc is and how talented these musicians are.
I give this disc a 5.0 on my STLBluesometer! Check
out his website for music samples, tour dates, the
latest news and of course to purchase some of this
awesome blues music! Visit Albert on the web at
email :: email@example.com