when I was invited down to Hammerstones on Thanksgiving
night to see this band I had NO idea the treat I
was in for! I have been talking to bassist Preston
Hubbard about the band recently and he was like
“chica, you gotta come check us out!”
I had a ball!! That’s all I can say.
I love blues but you throw in some blues with cajun
sounds and I AM IN LOVE, people!! Also, the energy
this band had knocked me off my feets! Fun times
were had by all and I just couldn’t help but
tap my feet and wiggle my booty!
Lead singer Paul Bonn (who I had never seen in action
before) is one bundle of rockin’ energy. He
always has a smile on his face and is always dancin’
on the side when the band is doing a solo. All I
can say is go see them live and get a cd! You will
be happy and your feet will thank you too!!
Paul Bonn - vocals, percussion
Preston Hubbard - upright and fender
bass, vocals, guitar (t-bird fame if you didn’t
Derek Bonn - drums & percussion
(yep he’s Paul’s son!)
Ryan Waked - guitars
Special guest on harmonica: Rockin’
Jake; another one of my national favs!!
1. Te Ni Nee Ni Nu-
2. Bad Boy-an Eddie Taylor classic w/ great harp
3. Ay Ai Ai-Hey Pocky Away-this song tells me I
need to be in Hawaii w/ a drink in my hand &
4. I Got Loaded-I have always dug this catchy song
5. If You Believe in What you do-a slow dancer and
a good one
6. You Left the Water Running-I know this song is
old but it reminds me of the Belairs and I love
7. I Ain’t Drunk-a very fun song
8. Hey Hey-shouting and dancing is what this one
is all about
9. Shake Your Hips-
10. Mathilda-another oldie and fav of mine.
11. Motor Head Baby-can you say Johnny “guitar”
Watson? I knew you could?!
12. Good Lover-a Jimmy Reed tune that I have loved
13. The Bar Is Open-
out this band at shakeygroundblues.com
and check out the phenomenal Rockin’ Jake
one gets a 4.89 on the STLBluesometer from me. I
can’t wait to move back so I can go see ‘em
on a regular basis!